JSME DOMÁCÍ ÚTOČIŠTĚ PRO ZTRACENÉ A NALEZENÉ KOČIČÍ POUTNICE A DOBRODRUHY
HOW TO ADOPT A CAT IN CATky SHELTER
Basic information about adopting cats for English-speaking cat lovers in Prague
How to adopt a cat in CATky shelter
- Please consider what will happen once you leave the country or leave for long term period. Will you really take the cat with you? (If not, we can also consider cat fostering) Holiday time can be covered by http://www.holidaycat.cz/en/ We are a cat shelter and we are unable to look after your cat (also for the safety reasons, we often have ill animals which is not safe for your own cat.)
- Prepare all the cat stuff. (cat litter box, litter, shovel, scratching post, pet carrier and some food) Our recommendation:
(Royal Canin, Hill´s, Applaws, Fitmin, Bosch, Happy Cat, Purina pro Plan) , wet food – Dein Bestes (DM), Felix, Bozita, Cosma, MACs, Miamor
- Once you’ve made up your mind and chose a cat and we’ll also advise on the suitability for you (e.g. not every cat is suitable for a small apartment or to small kids). Please always describe honestly what environment and other pets or kids will be involved so that we can find the best match. Some cats can be for example nervous spending time with small kids and can refuse to use the litter tray as a consequence of the stress.)
- we’ll sign an adoption contract and provide all the documentation (vaccination pass or microchip registration in case the cat was microchipped)
- please bring a pet carrier. We don’t let people to take it in the cardboard box or a bag, this is for the safety of the cat. Journey to your place can be stressful and it can happen that the cat jumps out and gone for good.
- We’ll discuss with you the health status of the animal and the next steps. Sometimes cats are not fully vaccinated or not castrated (normally applies to the small kitties) but we’ll help you to understand when it needs to be done and we even recommend a pet clinic. Our favourite one is www.vetvin.com, but feel free to use your local one if you have a good experience there.
- Adoption fee – recommended amount is 500-1000 KC. It can be paid in cash or to our transparent account. It covers at least partially the expenses we spent treating, vaccinating and castrating the cat.
- After you take the cat home, we’ll be in contact with you to see how the cat is settling down and if there are no issues. We are even entitled to see the animal if we have our doubts. Please do not rehome the cat without letting us know.
- And thank you for adopting!
⇐ všechny články